Friday, April 20, 2012

One Gray Hair....

I found a gray hair...
in my eyebrow...
SJ says this is were it starts &
it is all downhill from this point...
he would know...

I think this grey hair is a sign. A sign the stress I store neatly down deep has finally started seeping to the surface and an impending explosion is very near. Now if you are a friend or family member you are probably safe. If you are a customer you may want to take cover....
My family and friends are the ones who already deal with my stressed out state.  My customers, the ones who push me to this stressed out, wild-eyed (with a grey hair) point, reap none of the blissful insanity to which they drive me. This stinks!! I am so nice to the people that push me to the edge and so short-fused with the ones I love. Yes, I know my customers help pay my bills & this does play into the control I display. However, how many of those customers are going to be around when I am old and GRAYER to wipe whatever needs wiping????  Yeah...the room falls silent...
So as of today I think this dynamic is going to have to change.  So far only one of the troublemakers has gotten an ear full and this was after four e-mails and five phone calls in less than an hour. FYI....THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THE ISSUE YOU ARE HAVING IN AN HOUR... If you are one of those people who harass and harass to get a situation handled because you have heard the ugly rumor 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease' let me clarify something, you may get grease but it may come from the bottom of my tire when I chase you down...' Please don't be this person....
Okay, so back to the lone gray, eyebrow hair... I am not fond of the idea that my hair is deciding to verbalize my frustrations! What right does my hair have to out me? If I can manage to keep the stress under control and minimize the number of times I blow a clients ears back, why should my hair 'turn' on me???  I guess maybe an unnamed child or husband could have been praying for something to get my attention...
Surely they wouldn't be this cruel....
EmJ
***no customers were harmed in the making of this post...***

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh. Sounds familiar. And I won't tell you I just came home from my mom's, a retired beautician, who put color on the gray. I don't have gray in my eyebrows, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think that is what caught me off guard I have had grays in my hair for years but my eyebrow that was NEW!

      Delete
  2. I dont think i caused the gray although i was a client this week....oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't know the client I would probably feel bad for said client; however, a little dose of reality does even some of the worst ones some good. I say go girl....I say this for two reasons 1. I've learned the hard way internalizing stress leads to ridiculous medical bolts and 2. Well, because when you blow like Dante`s Peak I don't want to get caught in your lava....lol. Just breathe.

    ReplyDelete